If you work with language in business, what do you call it?

  • tone of voice
  • brand language
  • brand tone
  • verbal identity
    or… something else?

New clients generally come to me asking for ‘tone of voice’. But is that because it’s the name I use?

Maybe all the people who are thinking about ‘verbal identity’, or ‘brand language’ just don’t find me – a case of confirmation bias, perhaps.

So, what term do you use?