I’m not quite ready for the old people’s home yet, but it’s funny what comes up when you’re chatting.
Susan Heaton-Wright recently invited me onto her Superstar Communicator Podcast – a weekly broadcast around being a great speaker and communicator.
I’ve been speaking on the power of language for over a decade, and the Professional Speaking Association invited me to give a keynote on it just last Saturday.
But back to Susan. We covered:
- What we mean by tone of voice
- How it can magically change your company culture
- What the world looks like when you’re at your best
- Rambling on and the problem with commas
- Taking off your professional mask and how to really sound expert
- Zimmer frames, how language evolves and getting het up about grammar
- Britishness and our passion for passive
- 5 steps to make you a better writer – afiatone.
You can have a listen here and there’s a transcript too. If you’re off for a walk, grab your earphones in and tune in.